Home of the Beacon High School Theater Group - The Beacon Players Information Line: 845-838-6900x3420

Beacon Players

Communications
Last entry: 20:28, 6/21/2017

Officer Postings
Last entry: 18:26, 2/26/2017

Forms

Beacon students...
Join Beacon Players!

Sign up for the:
Beacon Players Newsletter

Keep informed about upcoming Beacon Players events! Join Our Mailing List Now!

Beacon High School

Beacon City School District

This site uses:
KeepandShare.com(R) Calendar
communications Beacon Players Officer Postings


February 26, 2017

Production meeting 2/25/17 Attending: Sabrina, Ellery, Lizzy, Ali, Jillian, Tyler, Jessica, Mr. Sacrrone, Randy, Hailey, Harley, Maya, Ella,Elyse, Emma, Mrs.Christy, Melissa, Irija, Alexander, Leah, Stefan, Kindu, David, Juliet, Adam, Sierra Costume PBW jackets, Acid Queen Empty racks Go get rentals in a week Props Return stuff not using Medical supplies/ boxes white paper Next week have kart done Six sets of puppet sticks Re ribbon bouquets Media team Road signs putting out Poster run next week Tommy signs for the parade Two people handing out flyers for the sport award night March 7 & 9 music in our schools flyer hand out - first look March 10th from 7-9 -posters - officer meeting monday - Stefan, haley, and DAvid collaborate about projection videos

Ellery Harvey


February 4, 2017

production meeting 2-4-17 attending: Mr. Scarrone, David, Ali, Ellery,Hailey, Ella, Eylse, Maya, Mrs. Christy, Sabrina, Mellisa, Aaliyah, Charlyse, Juliet, Jessica, tyler, Andy, Randy, Lucas, JoAnna, Harley, Sierra,Jillian -poster run Febuaray 11th: areas to hit first: main street Beacon, Fishkill, Coldspring -find different new social medias -David call HUD for ticket give away -stage article due in a week -Ella & Elyse stage manager article due in two weeks -Figure out how to cover couch (cover, paint, yellow) -get balloons from prop closet -Send names of prop donators to Mrs.Mcarthy for thank yous in the program -start using body mics during the week -go with the face mics for Tommy -Hailey making mic plot -make-up crew research ben nye makeup student sets -2 weeks present makeup templates -where is the projection machine going -look for video of WW2 planes (Germans/RAF) and parachutes -video projections help to make scene changes -lighting crew set up a meeting with Dan - the next production meeting spackenkill will be attending

Ellery Harvey


January 28, 2017

Production meeting: 1-28-17 attending: Sierra,Mrs.Christy,Juliet,Aaliyah,Ali,Mr.Scarrone,Randy,Haley,Maya,Eylse,Ella,Harley,Emma,Caleb,Marin,Jessica,Ellery,Sabrina,Kindu,Andy,Jillian,JoAnna,Omar, and Nicia -*goal* do nothing but run the show production week -lights focused on upper stage within the next week -NO ONE in theatre without adviser -saturday the 25th before production week, start running the show - Tech run through the week before March 25th -all mics set Monday of production week -crew HAS to get ads/ go on poster run -poster run Febuary 11th ALL encouraged to attend -article be written by crew people about the crews (Joanna,and Juliet) -lighting plot due in one week -costume crew working on what they should make, borrow, or rent -costume crew member take notes on the character sheets -clean prop shelf backstage -look for photo box in costume room and prop room

Ellery Harvey


October 24, 2016

production meeting 10/22/16 attending: Ms.Christie,Emma,Randy,Ella,Halley,Kindu,Maya,Mrs.Pearson,Mr.Scarrone,Grace,Kindeya,Ali,Sierra,Ellery,Harley,Jessica,Mr.Devine,Jillian -everyone on sound needs to learn how to work the score -research documents sent to every crew chief -outside of the nursery turned into school steps -inside of the nursery turned into the diner -hallway needs lockers (cartoony but still "real") -Marty's 'USO' costume under nightgown - 3 quick changes during "freddy my love" -Design Greased Lightning garage -jessica's Dad supplying battery for car -need diner counter, chairs/booths -Contact Mrs.Peritikos for beauty salon supplies- Jessica -lighting on hits the car in drive in scene -1950s commercials for drive in -Stage managers will call the show -costume crew look at the script to see whats going on each "day" during the course of the show (school dance ect.) -Friday sound of music costume pick up -look for cheapest coveralls -reach out to church for coat donations -start getting props to people -Calendar will be filled with all rehearsals up to the show -find 4 trays for lunch scene -November 10th candle light serenade -reschedule ad/poster run -make Greased Lightning more "special" (bright lights,glittery things,reds and golds,things on pipes,ect.) when car changes -come up with design thoughts whole organization!!

Ellery Harvey


October 20, 2016

officer meeting 10/20/16 attending: ellery,sierra,david,ali,mr.scarrone -Sierra is picking up posters on Thursday - Organize a poster/ad run and post on communications, and remind. -for ad run cover hopewell,coldspring,fishkill,and 1-2 people go to beacon main st. -Ali contact UPS/printer place on main st.about road signs for Grease 18'X24' -Sierra check Guardian Storage, and other local Beacon places about coat donations -Need parental assistance at open house/flea market to sell tickets and donate to raffel. Ellery ask Lori Ladue about dates and details

Ellery Harvey


October 15, 2016

Officer meeting 10/7 attending: Ellery,Sierra,David,Ali,Mr.Scarrone -Poster run in Fishkill, and other main streets for Grease (after Mabeth) -Check with Kelly Ellenwood about making more posters-Sierra -Write an article about Grease to send to Newsplace@aol.com- Ellery Officer meeting 10/13 attending: Ellery,Sierra,Ali,David,Mr.Scarrone -Vocal rehearsals in the evening for Grease -Start to push grease (marketing) -Seirra going to Kelly ask for reprint -Officers set up lobby at for Macbeth -Ellery doing the article reflecting on some of the press release -Start up running to do list -Get info about Grease to the community calendars, and the schools

Ellery Harvey


August 17, 2016

8/15 officer meeting. Attendance: Mr.Scarrone, Mr.Devine, Mrs.Pearson, David, Sierra. Went over checklist for Saturday and Monday events, contact people for help. Discussed possible rehearsal schedules (Macbeth in the afternoon, beginning of GREASE rehearsals focused on vocal.) Find ways to make full use of the website by adding social media links. Make text messages more convenient and try to stay within 8am-8pm when sending them out. Mandatory parent meeting scheduled for 9/13. TV show -fireball run (9/28), idea by Wednesday workshop. Find people to help at Bank sq on second Saturday 9/10 (2-3.) Make committee to help with idea. Reiterate dates for upcoming events on all social media. Find member to create a "newsletter."

Sierra


August 12, 2016

Officer meetings August 1st & August 10th: Those attending on the 1st: Sierra,Michael,David,Ali,Ellery,Mr.Devine,and Mr.Scarrone We discussed all the roles of the officers.we then discussed that everything on the Facebook page also had to be on Instagram. There was a proposal for the rights of Grease and Evita and the proposal passed all in favor unanimously. Sierra and Michael are working on a brochure for all of the Beacon Players upcoming events. Ali is working on the flyers for all of the events. We discussed what we needed for events such as Back to school block party (August 20), spirit of beacon day (date tba), and club fair/freshman orientation (August 22). David will be contacting Joe Daily for ticket giveaways. Ellery is currently creating a database for all of the beacon player members. All of the officers are going to Yankee clipper on August 11th to ask them to be "our diner" to take pictures for and advertise in for Grease. Also asking to have place mats there with Grease ad.

Ellery


March 19, 2016

3/19 Production Meeting Attendance: Jessica, Karin, Maddy R., Sara, DJ, Anaela, Emily, Mr. Scarrone, Michael, Halley, Henery, Ella, Elyse, Emma, Ms. Cristie, Mr. Devine, Isabel • Prop should contact garden centers for barrels. • Rope ladder and other pirate ship things (plank) need to be built. • For pirate ship: • Move scrim down and remove main curtain. • Disappearing bottle w/ silicone situation • Work on Easter egg hunt promotion with Sierra & Michael • Stagger postings this weekend

Isabel


February 27, 2016

Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mrs. Sanker, Halley, Karin, Patricia, Emma S., Ms. Kristie, Maddy, Cynthia, Grace, Henery, Sara, DJ, Mikaela, Isabel, Anaela, Emily Kidd • Marketing strategy went out via Vendini on Friday 2/26. • Dan and Mrs. Siegel have been working on an interview. • Mrs. Siegel has been working on a vacant store front window display to advertise the show. • 2 videos will be create for 3rd grade classes. One will be for beacon students and another will be for neighboring elementary schools. The 3rd graders from beacon will be allowed to have a talk back with Sir James Barry and the characters after the Saturday performance. • We need to focus on dates and get deadlines.

Isabel


February 6, 2016

2/6/2016 Production Meeting: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Dan, Halley, Ella, Elyse, Emma, Miss Kristie, Karin, Kailee, Jessica, Dominique, DJ, Maddy, Anaela, Henery, Isabel • Skirts are being made today. Indians will have skirts and crop tops with beads and chokers, etc. Pirate girls will have corsets, skirts, white “puffy” shirts. • Fireplace is almost done and they have over 100 leaves. The doghouse has been expanded and they plan to add cardboard shingles on top. The cradle is also completed. We should ask parents about the art/set crew list. They may need more white and black paint. • Anything we used that will be published, should have “In accordance with Music Theatre International” & the Peter Pan with the Big Ben logo. • Sound has the bomb, canon, and three other sound effects. Halley now has access to the rehearse score from Mr. Pietrowski. • Prop has created a total of 3 shadows. Jordan’s grandmother will bring the vile for poison. The prop room has also been organized and created a living prop list. We will have the sailboat bought and then donated to us. • Everything must be done before March 28th!! • Henery has been blocking and overseeing choreography rehearsals. People who have missed choreography they MUST learn it on their own, not stopping rehearsal. • The opening scene is blocked completely. • Wendy’s nightgown should be full and a little big on top for room for the harness. Someone is costume should contact Men’s Wearhouse and Sossi Formals to see if we can get a tuxedo for Mr. Darling. Offer them an ad.

Isabel


January 30, 2016

1/30/16 Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Mrs. McCarthy, Elyse, Halley, Ms. Cristie, Mark, Isabel, Jessica, Mikaela, Fiona, DJ, Sara, Emma, Dan, Henery, Maddy R., Ella, Anaela, Isabel • The art design of the nursery will be different, like Victorian art work, etc. (Nursery, Neverland, Lost Boys Lair, Ship) • Art should check inventory for paint colors. Art may need more white. • Costume has been working on 3 groups, gathering measurements and materials. Almost done cleaning closets. Finalizing indian ideas and costumes. Animals don’t need measurements. • Prop needs to finalize the list. They will be going through the prop room throwing things away, finding things that can be used, and making Rhiannon’s shadow. Share the prop list with all the characters. • Balance is around $7,000. From CC we brought in around $11,000. • Start thinking of fundraising, getting ads. •

Isabel Quinones


January 9, 2016

1/9/2016 Production Meeting Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Mrs. McCarthy, Karin, Karin’s Husband, Halley, Elyse, Emma, Ms. Kristie, Anaela, Henery, Mikaela Burch, DJ, Sara Thomas, Maddy Rosaler, Isabel • No crew chief will be allowed to be in cast. They must make a decision if they want to be a chief or in cast. • Prop list will be completed by 1/15. We should begin setting up prop meetings with parents. • Crew chiefs must select a date to meet weekly. Send that day to Mr. Scarrone by next Monday (1/11). • Set must be completed in advanced of flying company coming in. • January 23rd & 24th are full set building days. • Pirates, lost boys, & Indians will be created by costume crew. Costume should start meeting once a week immediately. • Youth cast will consist of 5th-8th graders. • Parent advisory committee will meet weekly with officers. • We will rent hook, peter, crocodile, mermaids, nana, kangaroo.

Isabel Quinones


November 7, 2015

11/7/15 Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mrs. Pearson, Dan, Emelia, Halley, Mark, Elyse, Emma, Ms. Cristie, Karin, DJ, Maya, Isabel, Anaela, Dominique • Talk with Mark and Mr. Murphy about tombstone decorations and how to get them to work. • Art crew needs time to paint and hang the rest of the muslin. We need to think about how to recruit more art crew members that actually want to participate in the show and be in crew. • After Yanarella, we will need to focus. • The plan for today is to put costumes on people and run. • Costume should work on finishing Henery’s (SCF) costume. Nightgowns are finished and need to be ironed. Maybe work on the switch for Mikey/Nigel after the argument with Belle. • Costume crew should know what days certain members will be here. • Prop should go through and organize what we have on the side-stage. Look for the quill pen. Cratchit table. Drinking glasses. Manuscript. Tree for Hollowell home & Cratchit tree.

Isabel


October 31, 2015

10/31 Production Meeting Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Dan, Emilia, Maya, Halley, Elyse, Ella, Emma, Ms. Cristie, Leah, Maddy R., Jessica, DJ, Henery, Aaliyah, Sara, Isabel • Actors should be spoken to about personal props. • Props should take an inventory. • Emily needs day clothes. Someone should be trying on dresses with jackets, work on Fezziwig, and knickers for David. • Costume should assign crew members to actors that haven’t had a costume yet. • Everything should be finished with art crew by 11/2.

Isabel


October 30, 2015

10/24 Attendance: Mrs. Christie, Emma, Ella, Dominique, Haley, Elyse F., Dan, Maya, Mr. Scarrone, Sara, Maddy, Dana, Grace, Elyse, Henry, Marin, Jessica, Anaela, Cynthia, Kendaya -The whole show will be blocked by the end of the week -Sound has a rough draft on the mic plot. We will start micing next week. We will be renting mics. -We want to try to rear project on the cyc. If we can't we will just project onto the cyc. November 2nd is the dead date. -Final dress rehearsal is November 14 and 15 -Anaela should contact Joe Daily. We need a list of community calendars and whether or not we're on them. Senior citizens community calendar (Fishkill, Wappingers, Beacon) -Wednesday we will start taking pictures of the youth cast -Commercial will be started next week -We are about 60% sold on the Santa Lunch -Contact radio stations and try to get PSAs on there -Contact TV stations or make sure someone else does -The frames are finished for the building. We need to start putting the center pieces on stage so we can block around them. After all the panels are on Mark will need to figure out roof lines. The benches are being painted. -Art crew will start doing the etching today. We can paint the white fireplace brown for the Cratchit house. The only tombstone that should be on the ground is Scrooge's tombstone. -The carolers in the Cratchet scene are wearing outerwear. Costume crew should assign coats/capes/shawls/scarves/etc to every caroler. Jillian is working on the Ghost of Christmas Past and Belle's costume. Ghost of Christmas Present costume is being rented. Rental List: Scrooge's day clothing, Cratchet daughters (unless we find something else), Bob Cratchet, Charles Dickens, Fred. There is a costume change that happens before Fezziwig. The women in that scene need to be wearing fancy dresses. Karen is going to dye the hood for Ghost of Christmas Future. Mrs. Geller is coming up on Tuesday with vests and more dream sequence costumes. Marley needs knickers and a shirt with a lace flounce. Young Henry should wear knickers, knee socks, a collarless shirt, a vest or jacket, and a newsboy cap. Youth cast girls should be wearing either dresses or skirts and blouses. Costume crew should ask the youth cast's parents what the youth cast girls' dress sizes are. Costume crew should begin organizing. Figure out what costumes we have put together and what we need. They should make a schedule of tasks of things that need to be done by next Saturday. The list is due Monday and they should schedule a meeting. -Crew chiefs should remember to delegate -Pull out wooden bowls and spoons for gruel. Make cream of rice for this. After Monday we should pull out props and start placing them. We need the turkey also.

Isabel Quinones


October 17, 2015

10.17 Production Meeting Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Emilia, Halley, Ella, Elyse, Emma, Ms. Christie, Henery, DJ, Sara, Isabel, Jillian, Jane (Jillian’s Mom) Lighting received go-bo holders last week. ⅓ of the way done. They need to find something for the snow. Schedule a day for the afternoon. Art needs to draw over the panels with charcoal they already did them with pencil. Mr. Scarrone may possibly have a door that would work perfectly. Art cannot build around the door on the muslin until they receive a door. We urge people at the production table to take notes so you do not forget things and you can be aware of what’s going on. Isabel should send a note out to kids that may have signed up for Art but are shy. Costume has organized the racks yesterday. Sara has began to teach some costume crew members on how to take measurements. Due to the times that people can stay, costume will rotate out members at the table. Costume is ready to begin putting costume on cast members. We should anticipate rentals for Scrooge, Bob Cratchit, Christmas Present, Fred, Cratchit Daughters, Fan,Janet, Peter, Charles Dicken (9) Sara should figure out how many knickers we need by looking at the cast list. Any male that is not getting a rental should get sized for pants. Deadline for all of this: 11/2/15. We should be done and finished by then. We need to use the black cord for the GCF to hold up the long nun base. Research a cowl (hood). Jillian found a dress and began the crown for GCP. Check for shoes. Props have found: a disney princess christmas tree, wooden lantern, wreath, red brows, bells, candelabra, mistletoe, wreath w blue lights, various christmas decorations, santa outfit, baskets, felt snowflakes, holly, wrapping, 7 fake christmas trees, tinsel/ornaments, acrylic LED candle, green tablecloth (house crew), christmas lights & garland, grave for Scrooge, fruits, snowman, picture frames, skeleton hand gloves, lantern, gold light up skull, foam skull, creepy cloth.. etc. Henery should research popcorn string is placed on trees in that time period. Prop should research what to give Charles Dickens manuscript for the opening. They should start setting up prop tables and go through each character to see what props they need. Pull out bedspread. Contact the Springers and ask if they would like to build the bed again. Marley should look monochromatic. He will also need black knickers, knee high socks, black shoes with buckle, old book/ ledger, quill pen, keys, cash boxes all should be attached to his chains. Sound finished the first act but need to work on the second act. We need to finalize songs for the second act.

Isabel Quinones


October 7, 2015

10/3 Officer/Production Meeting Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Emelia, Ella, Elyse, Haley, Emma, Henery, Grace, Jillian, Dana, Anaela, Maddy -We will be gone the Wednesday-Sunday around Thanksgiving and the weekend before -Lighting crew should plan meetings to set fixtures and program them. They should take a look at what gels we have and what can be used. We need frost gels specifically. The back psychs need to be replaced. We need new Gobo frames that will fit the lights. They should take a general inventory of what we have. This should all be done within the next 2 weeks. Make a plan of when we'll need the genie lift. Make a list of all the bulbs we need (house included). -There are no colors on the set so we have to rely on lighting and costuming for color -Our first dress rehearsal will be Wednesday, December 2 -Begin full run throughs with costuming by November 4 -We can begin coordinating set changes as soon as the frames are built. We need to make sure the sets can fit in the wings for when other people use the theatre. -House crew should dress up for the show. We should take inventory of the Christmas stuff we have in the prop room and what we need to use on stage. We will have a Christmas tree set up in the lobby with pieces of paper with things that families need. People will take slips of paper and bring the things back in boxes. -Prop crew should do some research. Look up what Victorian ornaments look like. There needs to be a small Christmas tree onstage in the Cratchit home. It should look pathetic with things like popcorn and cranberries on it. Take inventory of what we have. Henry needs to put together a prop crew. We need a wreath and a headdress for the ghost of Christmas present. Organize the prop shelf. Look for a small pie crust table. -The pattern and fabric for Belle have come in and can be worked on. White dress has been picked out for Past. They will put lights and tulle on it. Shawls have been made. Strips of fabric are ready for the spirits. Look for knickers and shoes/boots. -We have sound effects for the chains, bells, gothic, and thunder. Some of the music has been plotted out. Vocal rehearsals are now during rehearsal on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. A sound person should be at every vocal rehearsal to work with Mrs. Stickney. Adam, Sebastian, Cratchit (dedicated), and Tiny Tim should have mics next week when we start rehearsing in the theatre. Haley should switch out with other people so they can learn how to use the board. They should work on anticipating entrances. -Sheet music has been ordered and will be here shortly -We have been asked to perform a few songs from the show at The Towne Crier between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We would have to bring our own sound person. -We will be having a Kris Kringle meeting -80 feet of the muslin has been painted. 7 panels are cut out and ready to be drawn on.

Isabel Quinones


September 30, 2015

Officer/Production Meeting- 9/26/15 Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Elyse Fox, Mark Murphy, Anthony Thompson, Isabel Quinones, Emelia Capalbo, Sara Thomas, Lori Christie, Emma Schiffer, Halley Sylvester, Anaela Hurt, Henery Wyand, Ella Herondale, Dana, Jillian, Maddy Rosaler, Grace Sanker We began the meeting talking about scheduling. Lighting should begin to set up equipment soon and we shouldn't wait 2 weeks before the show to put lights up. Begin general lighting with a few specials. Without lighting the snow will not be seen. We will also begin putting deadlines and time schedules on certain tasks. Look out on the calendar. Prop crew needs a meeting date. Saturday, October 3rd will be our first set build day. Art & costume crew will meet EVERY rehearsal that cast is at. Costume should make a spreadsheet with each cast members name, and character. Separate ensemble from principals. Jillian will create costumes for Tiny Tim and ghost of Christmas future. Look up photos and create a whole new costume with things we have. Grace will do the same but with Marley and ghost of Christmas future. We also need to pull out shawls, hats, scarves and bonnets. Make sure they're time period appropriate. We also need a new sound crew member, preferably a girl. Meeting notes will be sent out but please check officer postings in case they don't get sent out. Thanks!

Isabel Quinones


September 17, 2015

Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mrs. McCarthy, Karin, Michael Bonnano, Emma Schiffer, Isabel Quinones, Mark Murphy, David Gonzalez, Alexander Ullian, Rocio Gonzalez, Nancy Rosaler, Juan Quinones, Roland & Valerie Capalbo, Peter & Michele Ullian, Catherine Welshman, Curtis Harvey, Randy Caruso, Mike Schiffer, Tim & Terry Sanker, Sandy Way • The calendar will be set up over the weekend for the next few weeks. We discussed also signing up for text messaging. • Rehearsals will be constructed as first hour is music, second hour is blocking. • 4th and 5th graders ae invited to come audition for the youth cast. We’re looking for a Tiny Tim in auditions. Middle school kids will be invited to audition for Peter Pan. • On September 26th, we will begin set building. We will definitely need a lot of volunteers to assist in building. The set will be designed as the book. Frames for artwork will need to be built that will be attached to the trucks. • We will need a parent to take over the Kris Kringle Shop. • We also need a parent to handle the flower sales. • Parents should try to call hotels, rental car companies, and airlines to see if they can give us sales or rooms for a cheaper rate for our flying director. 3 days- week before the show. • We also need parent volunteers to assist with Lunch with Santa. • Donations will be accepted and greatly appreciated for the Kris Kringle Shop. • The prop list will be published online and parents are asked to donate or lend props. (twin beds, white curtains, etc.) • Theatre educators and presenters will be coming in throughout the year to talk to the members (kids) about theatre. -Parents please check emails as new tasks or ideas come through. Thank you for all parents that attended.

Isabel Quinones


September 12, 2015

Officer/Production Meeting- 9/12/15 Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Mrs. McCarthy, Halley S., Elyse F., Emelia, Maya, Emma S., Sara T., Mrs. Cristy, Isabel Quinones, Henery Wyand, Anaela Hurt, Maddy Rosaler •On 9/19, we will have rehearsal in the LGI during the symposium. •Elyse will be in charge of crew chief meetings and when they should be reporting to rehearsal. •Isabel, Elyse, Halley, Sara, Emelia, and Emma need to be at a meeting next Tuesday at 6:30pm (9/15) to finalize the script and assign roles. •The production table will be set up once rehearsal starts and one member from each crew will need to be at the table at all times. •Elyse will post crew meetings and when they should be at rehearsals. •Each crew should pick a date for regular crew chief meetings. •On Tuesday, we will discuss what each set and interior will look like. •Props need to begin to be collected. •It is everyone’s responsibility to publicize the show. •Begin to write articles for the newspapers so we don’t rush towards the end. •Contact head of English departments to maybe teach Charles Dicken’s A Christmas Carol, to promote the show. •We will be sitting down to schedule poster/ad runs and EVERY member will need to attend one. •Halley will put a list of schools, heads of English departments, and email addresses to send letters. This will be due next week. •The parent meeting will be rescheduled. •Anaela will write an article due no later than Tuesday introducing the show and promoting the Lunch with Santa, Kris Kringle shop, and the show.

Isabel Quinones


August 10, 2015

Attendance: Anaela, Maddy, Henery, Isabel, Mr. Scarrone – 7/31/15 We began the meeting with Mr. Scarrone informing us about the I Am Beacon back to school block party. Officers were to attend and pass out flyers and set up a booth. Officers need to promote Beacon’s Got Talent quickly! Anaela is to create a tri-fold display board for the CITP that will display a list of items that are needed for the upcoming season. Maddy will create smaller handouts that people can take home with the list of needed items. Henry is to call radio stations to follow up on Isabel’s prior email and to call Beacon’s Sons of Italy. All officers should continue to look for A Christmas Carol logo. Also, officers should agree on a follow up meeting date. Officers should go to the public concert event on FaceBook, add invites and share the event! Isabel is to contact the Knights of Columbus & St. Rocco’s. We should also brainstorm ideas to get new members as the upcoming shows require larger casts. Officers should also plan to be at the Concert in the Park by 7:30 am.

Isabel Quinones


June 5, 2015

Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Henery, Anaela, Maddy, Isabel $6,500 for rights of Mary Poppins (Includes: extra charge for choreography for Supercali[$500]) Costumes- $3,000 Basic Flying- $3,950 (2 days [April 1st & April 2nd) $4,000 for audience flying $1,400 for drops We need to be fully blocked and running the show 3 weeks before the show opens!! Henery and Maddy- contact all hotels and motels and ask about best deals for 2 night stay for the technician to work with us at a school. Ask for complimentary rooms, etc. (Provide full advertisement, full page ad, and a thank you, and a reference in all advertisements) Pay his airfare coming from Kansas. Anaela in charge of rental cars. Ticket prices will be raised for both shows. Students & Seniors $5. Adults will be $12. Concert in the Park has to be BIG! Anaela to research all events in July & August. Put crafters and vendors wanted signs in all of Beacon and Fishkill shops. Isabel to contact Susan Fisher Wright (Mrs. Wright) about the talent contest and ask her to spread information to middle schoolers. Send to principal of all elementary schools. Also create a poster about Beacon’s Got Talent. Christmas Carol Rights- $255. Study guides will be sent to officers. And posted in July? Poster about Beacon’s got talent and letter for non-profits need to be one by next Tuesday. Maddy will be in charge of the Kris Kringle shop. Put together a list of stuff for Kiddie Korner. Henery to contact the Hudson Valley Shakeaspeare Festival. Maddy should contact local theatres as well.

Isabel Quinones


May 29, 2015

Officer Meeting, May 27, 2015. ATTENDANCE: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Maddy R., Henery W., Anaela H., Isabel Q., Carla Springer. We began the meeting by quickly discussing the Yanarella tap classes that will be happening in the fall. Study guides for the upcoming shows will be posted in the upcoming weeks. Mr. Devine mentioned that we are down to under $4,000 in the budget for next year. Isabel should ask Lisa and Mrs. McCarthy about membership/audition forms to enter them into the email database. We then discussed the Concert in the Park (CITP). Our goal is to have setup for vendors and booths at 10 am, and have the kick off at 11 am. The main stage performance is planned to begin at approximately 4pm. The Beacon Players will be performing at the concert. We should send out a text and note about availability for over the summer and the CITP [Magic to do?] Be sure to invite the graduates! Mrs. Springer will take care of sound system and musicians. Mr. Murphy should be contacted about using his generator again. For the concert, a mission statement should be created for the donation booth. This year the Beacon Players will take care of popcorn, hot dogs and water. Isabel will organize the Kiddie Korner again. We have a lot of makeup left over from Pippin that can be used for face painting and we plan to have games again. Mr. Scarrone mentioned that he is in contact with a woman that could do a song circle for the younger children in the Kiddie Korner. A marketing package needs to be set up. Businesses will be asked to either donate $20+ or give a percentage of the day’s earnings. Non-profit organizations will not be charged to set up booths. We will plan a weekend to go door-to-door asking for businesses to participate. (Bring a poster as well) June 28th- River fest, maybe go and bring the marketing package. All officers should help to create and article for the Poughkeepsie Journal & Southern Dutchess News. Isabel should contact Mark Boulger, K104, 92.1, etc. about broadcasting from the CITP. Officers should visit the flea market, farmers market, and craft fairs to hand out marketing packages. Mr. Devine will contact Kona Ice bout coming back. The awards night was briefly mentioned, Maddy and Isabel will create a video recap of the year with videos and photos from both shows. Mr. Pietrowski & Mr. Camara should be invited to the awards night. All officers should meet soon to plan about senior gifts. Awards night is June 19th. Performances are open to members as long as they get in contact with an advisor/officer soon. Isabel should email Mr. Melynk and ask for original list of awards. (Best actor, actress, best duo, best dancer, best supporting actor, best supporting actress, most dedicated, most improved, best crew, best newcomer, best recovery, most likely to get in trouble).

Isabel Quinones


May 7, 2015

Officer Meeting May 5, 2015 ATTENDANCE: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Lisa H., Tyler E., Anaela H., Sara T., Maddy R., Henry W., Isabel Q. We kicked off the meeting by making motion to approve the costs for the 2014-2015 season. All were in favor. This meeting included not only the current officers, but also the new officers that will be taking over next school year. The following new officers are Anaela Hurt as President, Maddy Rosaler as Vice President, Henry Wyand as Treasurer, and Isabel Quinones as Secretary. There was discussion about getting involved with the local dance studios' performances. Selling concession was an idea that was bounced around. The officers, old and new, will be attending a meeting with some of our school officials to make a proposal about our second Concert In the Park. We are looking to plan the event on August 22nd. We will be discussing our intentions with the event at the meeting. We might make the concert an all day event and allow main street shops to take over most of the food portion of the event. Another potential thought was to sell tickets at the concert. We are in the process of researching what prices to charge a business for a booth. Mr. Devine will be talking to the school secretaries about our proposal. The current and new officers are coming up with what to mention during the meeting with school officials as far as a summary of our success with this past season and our future plans. It's important that we plan ahead and get on top of things to reduce stress within the organization. We will starting a monthly local director meeting starting next September. This will involve high school directors in the area and we will be sharing resources with one another. Sara T. is to approach Stewarts to find out how to go about getting a donation of ice cream and sundae supplies for our end of the year party. We are looking to plan the party on May 29th or June 19th.

Sara Thomas


March 13, 2015

Production/Officer Meeting March 9, 2015 ATTENDANCE: Mr. Scarrone, Lisa H., Sara T., Henry W., Dan L., Emelia C., Aaliyah S., Kindu G., Kindeya G., Mark M., Elyse F., Anaela H., Tyler E., Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, DJ G., Emma S., Halley S. During the meeting we discussed we needs to be done, what is done, and our future plans. By March 13th, the costume and prop crew needs to have finished the flesh tray, eagle standard, fastrada's red dress, label bags for actors/actresses, spray paint the basketball, paint the scooter red, and research the fake garden. On Wednesday, the costume and prop crew will be meeting from 4 to 9. During the chorus/band concert, Isabela and Emelia are to distribute the Pippin flyers. We also went through the prop list and marked we need and what we didn't need. Mr. Devine & Mrs. Pearson will be making a noose, Mark will be making a table and seed bays, Mr. Scarrone will be contacting someone to make a fake birthday cake, and Tyler will be bringing in a bed frame. We are still in need of swords, arrows, a customized newspaper, large pillow for the throne, a duck puppet, a tambourine. Some things like the fire pit and signs for instance need to be made. Lighting crew discussed the final quota. We will be paying $1369.03 for lights. The rented lights will be coming in on March 27. The stairs for the set will be coming in next Monday. We need people to sew on rings to the curtain (stage on stage curtain). We will be recieving body parts from Kevin McCurdy. Halley S. will be contacting Mr. Valentine. Mr. Scarrone will be bringing in garbage bags for Wednesday's gathering in the costume/prop room.

Sara Thomas


March 13, 2015

ATTENDANCE: Mr. Scarrone, Mrs. Christie, Melody, Sebastian U., Emma S., Ellery H., Ali C., Emelia C., Aaliyah S., DJ G., Kindu G., Sophia A., Kendeya G., Dan L., Lisa H., Sara T., Rachel N., Kailee M., Mr. Devine., Anaela H., Tyler E., Mark M., Samantha T. We kickstarted the meeting with discussing what needed to be done by March 13. Mr. Scarrone wanted everything that he assigned the costume and prop crew to do to be done by that date. Some of the tasks included pulling out the peasant shirts, skirts, and hats from Joseph, attaching strip of sequins to Fastrada's dress, and locating the butterfly leotard. We will be donating jackets to a veteran's charity. Set crew needs to work on the throne, frames, small boxes, front and back of the benches, and handles for moving sets. Tyler E. will be bringing in a bed frame for the set. Art Crew needs to go throught donated paint cans. Mr. Scarrone told the crews to not focus as much on the production table. Mr. Scarrone will be going to a whole sale for make-up. The next make-up meeting was set for the next Wednesday. Tyler E. will be posting our new event in the community calendars. Anaela H. will be sending letters to the schools next Tuesday. Everyone in crew and cast was to make an index/paper of all the places they went for ads. Ray F. from the Beacon Free Press is sending a reporter to the new event. Mr. Scarrone asked for the helmets and swords from the rental place to be put in storage after they have been assigned to actors/actresses. Costume crew needs to make an inventory of the costumes coming in on March 13th. Art Crew made a list of what they and what they need. Mr. Devine will be talking to the Art Club about the No Time At All template. Tassels need to put on the pillow, the eagle standard needs ribbons attached, a cone needs to created for the torch, cow masks need to be hidden, fabric for fire pit (orange, yellow, red), research on a vegetable garden, lanterns need to be finished being lit, locate Fastrada's part of dress in the specialty box. Tyler E. has offered to make a chain meal top if needed.

Sara Thomas


February 21, 2015

Officer/Production Meeting February 18, 2015 ATTENDANCE: Mr. Scarrone, Tyler E., Henry W., DJ G., Emma S.,Halley S., Emelia C., Dan L., Elyse F., Sara T., Lisa H., Anaela H., Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Mark M. During the meeting, we discussed the progress thus far and what needs to be done. Lighting crew talked about the money needed for renting lights. They will be renting six conventional lights and two moving lights. Lighting will be making a list of what needs to be replaced. They will also be looking to see where the tent and lights are going to be set up. The birds for the windows will be made using stained glass paint. Mrs. Pasquale's relative will be sewing the seams of the curtains. Art crew met this Saturday for arather first art crew meeting. Emma and the art crew are working on the lanterns and ornaments. We need a gardening hoe For props. For costume crew, they will be finishing the costume plot for the leads and players, putting jackets and dresses in plastic bins, fitting Glory costumes on the players, placing cardboard boxes, and finishing costume measurements. Costume will be organizing a list of when and who are going to be at the production table throughout the week. There have been several people that have stepped forward for make-up crew. There are designs for each player and two people will be needed per actor/actress. Henry is the make-up crew chief. He will be taking an inventory of the make-up we have. The Beacon Players are in the playbills from Lourdes, Ketcham, Haldane, and Millbrook. There was discussion about poster runs in Cold Spring and Hopewell Junction.

Sara Thomas


February 6, 2015

Officer/Production Meeting February 4, 2015 ATTENDANCE: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Mrs. Christie, Lisa H., Tyler E., Anaela H., Sara T., Elyse F., Dan L., DJ G., Emilia C., Samantha T. On Wednesday's meeting, we started off discussing the process thus far. Mr. Scarrone suggested holding basic lighting tutorials for lighting members stepping up to the plate. Set crew was very successful this past Saturday when organizing the stage and plan to continue keeping things neat. Elyse F. will be making a list of all cast crew members and will create a schedule rotation for the sweeping of the stage and cleaning of the fitness balls. There has been discussion of what we will use to hang the tent. PVC pipe was a possible resource. The curtains for the tent have arrived and it needs to be ironed/steamed. This Saturday will be another crew day. Prop crew needs to make a dozen swords for rehearsal and "The Flesh" tray. We are in need of a rehearsal dagger, a duck puppet, and three straw boater hats. Also, a prop list by character needs to be made. Costume crew needs to fix a few shirts and hang up costumes from the Sound of Music bin. Ostrich feather fans will be made by hand and the feathers have been ordered. There will soon be an hour long costume meeting that is mandatory for all costume members. The date is TBD. Sara T. will be creating a spreadsheet for the costumes that is due on the day of the meeting. Anaela will be sending the Pippin poster via email to schools. Anaela will also be following-up on Millbrook. Tyler will be contacting the County Players to ask to put up our poster and to ask for an advertisement in their playbilll.

Sara Thomas


January 19, 2015

Production/Officer Meeting January 17, 2015 ATTENDANCE: Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Mr. Scarrone, Mrs. Christie, Lisa H., Anaela H., Sara T., Tyler E., Dan L., Maddy R., Halley S., Marie, Elyse F. During Saturday's meeting we started off talking about poster runs. Poster runs will be starting during the first week of February. We are having 500 posters printed and there will be a poster run every other week. Anaela will be identifying areas for poster runs. There is a restaurant that has just recently opened up and they would like to purchase an advertisement from us. Tyler was assigned to go there. Maddy R. will be setting up a Twitter account for the Beacon Players. The pictures that are posted on Facebook are to be put up on Instagram. Anaela will be doing that. Sara T. was assigned to design a flyer. The Pippin shirts were discussed and we have voted on long-sleeve shirts. Mrs. McCarthy will soon be sending letters to the schools. Anaela and Sara must have the ad forms from the other schools in by next Saturday. We will be renting mics for $600. Vocal rehearsals start this week. A sound crew member must be present at the vocal rehearsals to work alongside Mr. Camara with the rehearse score. There will be another costume/prop meeting sometime this week.

Sara Thomas


January 6, 2015

Production Meeting January 6th, 2015 ATTENDANCE: Mr. Scarrone, Mrs. Pearson, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pasquale, Mrs. McCarthy, Mrs. Christie, Lisa H., Tyler E., Anaela H., Sara T., DJ G., Dan L., Halley S., Mark M., Anthony T. At tonight's meeting we discussed many things from auditions to rehearsals. The auditions for Pippin will be slightly different from Footloose's auditions. Not everyone will be casted this time around and there will be two callback days. During every rehearsal, there needs to be a representative for the following crews; set, stage, lighting, costume, prop, and sound. The people will have a table set up for them down in the pit where each crew will have their own script. Over the weekend, Anaela H. and Sara T. were assigned to find out the date, time, show name, and ad form for the local high schools. We are looking to put an ad in their playbills. Tyler E. will be designing our ad form for Pippin. All of the costume measurements must be in no later than February 15th. We need the following props: light-up juggling balls, oversized gym balls, ostrich feather fans, an old pitch fork (three prong), fake body parts, and ornate physicians mask. The next prop/costume meeting will be on January 13, 2015 at 6:30. The next production meeting will be on January 14th, 2015 at 6:30. We talked about reaching out to Boce's Cosmetology students to assemble a make-up crew.

Sara Thomas


October 23, 2014

Props needed: Whistle, Bibles, Fern plant, Wine Crates, Desk set, Cliff Notes, Old Looking Barbecue Signs, Stirrups, Sattle, Roller Skates (Men: 9.5; Women: 9), Old-Fashioned Books, Corsages, Bootineers, Party Table, Punch Bowl, Trays of Fake Food, Punch Glasses, Lantern, Napkin Holders

Sara Thomas


October 23, 2014

Production Meeting October 23, 2014 ATTENDANCE: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Mrs. McCarthy, Anaela H., Mark M., Brianna S., Lisa H., Sara T., Dan L., Halley S., Michael H. During tonight's meeting, we discussed the crew's and officer's tasks. Prop crew and house crew contacted the theater organizations. I, Sara Thomas, will be contacting Mrs. Pomarico to ask for jump ropes. Mark will be getting back to the prop crew Monday on whether he can get lassos. The Beacon Players will be asking the art club to design vintage Burger Blast menus for the set. Lighting crew will be making a Facebook post this weekend. Sound crew contacted and re-contacted the senior citizen homes. Halley S. is up to I'm Free in the rehearse score. Costume crew contacted the churches in the Dutchess County. They are almost finished with the costume spreadsheet. Tomorrow at 6:30 we will be stuffing envelopes with posters and letters to send to public and private schools in the Dutchess County.

Sara Thomas


October 15, 2014

Production Meeting October 15, 2014 ATTENDANCE: Mr. Scarrone, Mrs. Pearson, Mr. Benson, Mrs. Christie, Mr. Pasquale, Mrs. Pasquale, Lisa H., Tyler E., Anaela H., Sara T., Michael H., Unique Z., David D., Dan L., Halley S. During the meeting, we discussed the progress on each crew/officer assignment. I, Sara Thomas, will be making a list of those passing out flyers this Saturday. Tyler will be contacting local farms. Tyler will also be contacting radio stations (104.7, 92.1, & HUD) and asking if the Beacon Players can do a giveaway of two tickets per show. There was a discussion of the sets scene by scene. We are in need of a living room and a desk lamp. The next production meeting will be held on October 22nd. All parents, friends, and crew members are welcome to come this Saturday morning to our first Building Day at 8 o'clock. Breakfast will be served.

Sara Thomas


October 8, 2014

Production Meeting October 8, 2014 ATTENDANCE: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Sara T., Anaela H., Lisa H., Tyler E., Jacki B, Michael H., Unique Z., Marcella S., David D., Hayley S., Mark M., Brianna S., Dan L., Jerrick. At today's meeting, we discussed the prop crew's and costume crew's progress from yesterday. Costume crew was assigned to mark down which characters were in what scenes and what costumes each character has. Lisa announced that Rachel Smith's mother will be lending prom dresses for the prom dress scene. Mark M. will be lending some bibles and a lantern. The next production meeting will be on October 15 at 7pm. All officers and crew chiefs are required. Any expenses or budgets for crew will need to be approved. We will be ordering more posters. We discussed that if a business wanted to hang a poster outside, tell them thank you but we are not interested. Large Footloose posters for the elementary schools will be made featuring pictures of the youth cast. During the Homecoming game, we will be handing out flyers for Footloose. The officers will be reaching out to orchards and farms to ask for a donation of cider donuts and apple cider. In return, we will give them an advertisement in our playbill. Lisa: Dutchess County Community Calendars. Tyler: Dutchess County Radio Stations PSA's. Sara/Anaela: Coordinate poster mailing for schools in Dutchess County, update the letter that was used for Ïn the Heights" prepare posters, have letters signed, stuff envelopes, execute mailing. Sound Crew: Contact Senior Citizens recreation offices in Beacon, Wappinger Falls, Fishkill, East Fishkill, Cold Spring, Garrison, Putnam Valley, Carmel, Poughkeepsie. Costume Crew Compile a list of all religious organizations in Dutchess County visit their websites, and forward information to them either via e-mail or regular mail. Prop crew/House: Compile a list of all theater organizations in Dutchess County, Beacon Theater, County Player, Trinity Players, etc. and forward info to them via e-mail or regular mail. Lighting Crew: create 10 different postings about the show, crew, music, etc. for the Facebook event page. Set Crew: take photos of the crew buildings the set and create a From the Stage journal, noting a few comments after each crew meeting.

Sara Thomas


October 8, 2014

Prop/Costume Meeting October 7, 2014 ATTENDANCE: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Jacki B., Michael H., Sara T., Marcella S., David D., Serene G., Liliana, D.J. During the meeting, we discussed the props and costumes that we will need for the show. Prop crew will be gathering temporary props until we get the actual props. Props needed: whistle, kitchen service (cups, saucers, plates, etc.), dish towels, Bibles, kitchen curtains, party table, punch bowl, fake food, punch glasses, corsages, boutonnieres, salt & pepper shakers, napkin holders, tall floor lamp w/ shade. We are in need of red cowboy boots and two pairs of old-fashioned roller skates. Costume crew is currently going through Footloose the musical scene by scene to look for the costumes. Prop crew will be taking the prop room inventory. A production meeting was held October 8, 2014.

Sara Thomas


September 24, 2014

Officer Meeting September 24, 2014 ATTENDANCE: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Tyler E., Lisa H., Anaela H., Sara T. Our goal for sponsorships is to receive at least five or six. This upcoming weekend we will be distributing apparel forms including some new items. The Beacon Players will be moving away from running a booth during Spirit of Beacon Day parade and will be marching in the parade instead. Although we cannot hand out flyers/posters while we are marching, we will be handing out flyers afterwards. Flyers will be printed and cut during Friday and Saturday rehearsal. Also, any cast members that will not be on stage for awhile will be asked to work on poster for Spirit of Beacon Day. During our meeting, we voted on the rights for Footloose and for the participation in the Spirit of Beacon Day parade. We will be paying $1000 up front for the rights for Footloose and the balance will be paid within a week of the show closing. We can not exceed $2,500. Our first building day will be help on October 11th. Breakfast will be served at 8am that morning for parents interested in helping with set crew. There will be a student set crew meeting that following Monday at 7pm. We plan to have meetings for parents and students interested in other crews (such as set design, prop, costume, etc.) in the near future. Students will be asked to bring homework to rehearsals, because there might be times where they will not be onstage for the entire rehearsal. Also, if cast or crew members are not needed at rehearsal, they will be asked to leave.

Sara Thomas


March 10, 2014

Production/Officer/Publicity Meeting March 3,2014 ATTENDANCE: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Dan L., Khalil C., Jalana F., Caylee S., Maddy R., Robert V., Lauren H., Jackie B., Cedrick B., Hailey S., Lisa H., Mike Z., Sara T., Tyler E., George W., Henry W. There are spots on Main Street that have yet to receive an In The Heights poster. Members should work on getting those out. All members should help us advertise local schools' shows by sharing posts on Facebook, etc. Members should also be spreading the word about our Barnes and Noble Book Fair. Anyone who wears a Beacon Players shirt to the Book Fair will get some sort of recognition. We will be bringing our own speaker to the store. Our In The Heights shirts will be distributed on Monday March 10th. Members must meet at 6:15 in the LGI on the 10th for the Band(s) Together Fundraiser. Posters are in the works for our First Look event. We will be having another meeting in the near future regarding poster runs. We are in need of old curtains, a ceiling fan, and outdoor light fixtures.

Maddy Rosaler


January 25, 2014

Production Meeting January 25, 2014 Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Dan L., Ashley A., Hailey S., Sarah P., Sara T., Jackie B., Khalil C., Lauren H., Maddy R., Mike Z., Mrs. Pearson, George W., Mrs. McCarthy, Tyler E. We will be piecing together the paragraphs that the crew chiefs and officers are writing and formulating them into articles for the newspaper. We will be holding a publicity meeting on Wednesday the 29th at 6:00. All crew chiefs must attend this meeting. We will have an In The Heights banner on Main Street in Beacon. Tickets for In The Heights are officially on sale. Members should begin spreading the word. The deadline for advertisements is March 22nd. We will be attending events within Beacon High School and handing out flyers for the show. We are collecting used scratch off lottery tickets as part of the set. We also need a cash register, an old dispatch microphone, and various flags that would be large enough to dance with.

Maddy Rosaler


January 18, 2014

Officer Meeting January 18, 2014 Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mrs. Pearson, Mr. Devine, Lauren Hidalgo, Maddy Rosaler Posters will be ready to be distributed by Friday the 24th. We will be putting a map together and assigning different places to different people. We will be mailing posters to the other schools in the district and the general area. There will be a general meeting for everyone interested in being on the publicity team. We will be putting together groups of our members to attend other school's shows. We will start having "working meetings" where groups of people will come in and work on different things (posters, articles, etc.)

Maddy Rosaler


January 17, 2014

Production Meeting January 14, 2014 Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mrs. McCarthy, Jeremy, Sarah P., Lauren H., Jackie B., Sara T., Maddy R., Hailey S., Lisa H., Mike Z., Tyler E., Mr. Pasquale, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, George W., Mrs. Peratikos, Mr. Benson IN THE HEIGHTS: The calender schedule is prepared and ready to be posted weekly. If there is an absence at a rehearsal it will be up to that person to learn their new blocking. Standins will be used in their place. Each member of The Beacon Players will be required to visit at least three businesses inquiring about ads in our playbill. We are looking for a publicity crew chief who is willing to take responsibility for different advertising projects for our shows. Apparel forms will be distributed on January 24th. All cast members will be required to buy an In The Heights shirt. Songograms will be done on February 13th at Beacon High School during classes. Each crew chief will be required to write a paragraph on what their crew is doing for the show. They will also be required to come up with a budget for whst they will need to purchase. We will be renting 12 body mics for In The Heights. The Beacon High School Art Club will be working with us on our set. A drop of the George Washington bridge will be rented.

Maddy Rosaler


November 24, 2013

October 19, 2013 Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Pearson, Mike Zingone, Mr. Melnyk, Mrs. Christie, Jeremy, Maddy Rosaler, Lauren Hidalgo Friday we will start stuffing envelopes for Nursery Schools and Community Centers. Make sure to have the banner for Main Street stripped by Tuesday night. Small Aladdin flyers have been distributed to parents to hand out on Halloween night. Each officer will have to contact someone from the cast or crew to write an article about Aladdin. The article should be emailed to Mr. Scarrone. Encourage members to get ads. Look around for large artifacts for the Cave of Wonders.

Maddy Rosaler


November 24, 2013

September 24, 2013 Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Maddy Rosaler, Lauren Hidalgo, Unique Zayas, George Wyand, Fernando Gonzalez Production Meeting Friday September 28th 5:00-7:00 PM (for both shows and all crews). Parent meeting Wednesday September 25th is MANDATORY! Bios are due September 30th. Posters for Celebrates the Arts should be hung up in the high school this weekend. Spirit of Beacon Day will have an Aladdin Treasure Table. We will have people sign up for time slots. Officers will walk up and down Main Street and hand out information.

Maddy Rosaler


November 24, 2013

September 16, 2013 Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mrs. Pearson, Fernando Gonzalez, Lauren Hidalgo, Unique Zayas, Mike Zingone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. Peratikos Mr. Scarrone will be holding a class for cast and crew on blocking. The Princess Tea Party will be taking place before the Saturday Aladdin show. Crew should come Saturday September 21st to help with costumes. Cookies with the Characters will be held after Saturday and Sunday shows.

Maddy Rosaler


July 18, 2013

July 17, 2013 Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Mrs. McCarthy, Maddy Rosaler, Lauren Hidalgo, George Wyand, Fernando Gonzalez Beacon Celebrates The Arts 2 will now be called "The Road To Broadway". Vendors will be contacted next week and will be given pamphlets and posters. A separate email account will be made specifically for the event. We are in the works of planning a "Field Day" at the track in Beacon. The event will include games, contests, and a lot of fun! The event will benefit Endure to Cure. We are very pleased to announce that Wappingers Dance Educators have donated $500 to The Beacon Players. At the Spirit of Beacon Day parade we will be selling ornaments, apparel, and unwanted items.

Maddy Rosaler


July 11, 2013

July 10, 2013 Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, George Wyand, Fernando Gonzalez, Lauren Hidalgo, Maddy Rosaler The "Beacon Celebrates The Arts 2" will take place on October 4th. We will be performing a scene from Aladdin. Vendors will start being contacted next week. Participants will include the Beacon Players, Beacon alumni, and some guest stars. The event will benefit Endure to Cure. There will be a suggested donation of $5. We have voted on buying 100 ornaments to sell in the Fall/Winter to raise money for the Beacon Players. After discussion Maddy moved us to a vote and Lauren seconded. All were in favor. We also voted on ordering a standard supply of apparel to be sold to our members in the Fall. Maddy moved us to a vote and George seconded. All were in favor.

Maddy Rosaler




October 17, 2012

Attendance: Mr. Devine, Mr. Scarrone, Victoria Vogrincic, Rebecca Cohen, and Brittany Hunt.
Polos for the Beacon Players will cost $15 and everyone must have the money due by Monday October 22, 2012. The order will be sent in by Wednesday October 24, 2012. The Wiz t-shirts will cost $10 and the money will be due by Monday October 29, 2012.
We currently have about $100 in our account since we recently paid for the rights of The Wiz. One fundraising idea would be selling ads. Businesses and parents can buy an ad or customize one to put in the program for Thw Wiz. A quarter page will cost $35, half a page will cost $50, and a full page will cost $100. We need to make a flyer for this to hand out to businesses and parents.
Rebbecca Cohen will be putting together a publicity committee, she's in charge of sending out flyers to media businesses. Rebecca will send Mr. Devine a list of the places she will send it to.
The Art Club at the Beacon High School are designing posters and may help with the sets for The Wiz. The contest at the elementary schools is still in the process of beginning.
Vote: Teacher letters about The Wiz including 1 free ticket and a box checking yes or no if they would like to buy extra tickets. Rebecca Cohen seconds the vote. All in favor, excluding Heather Murphey due to her absence. Zero opposed and zero abstained.
Beacon Players Celebrates The Arts has freshly designed and printed posters that are marigold colored. These will be placed in the lobby at BHS. We will create a package of the poster, a brochure, and a newsletter for businesses that the officers, Mr. Devine, and Mr. Scarrone will hand out on Thursday October 18, 2012.
These minutes respect fully submitted by Brittany Hunt, Secretary

Brittany Hunt (secretary)


October 17, 2012

Please ask your parents if they are willing to loan us flashlights for the showcase! They will be returned afterwards!

Brittany Hunt (secretary)


October 9, 2012

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine, Victoria Vogrincic, Rebecca Cohen, and Brittan Hunt
New Business- T-Shirts for The Wiz: Black shirt, The Wiz logo on the top right corner with the 2 dates of the shows and The Beacon Players written underneath the picture.
Letter to invite the Board of Education to The Wiz- very formal and a separate letter for the Beacon Players Celebrate the Arts.
Victoria Vogrincic is going to make the letter for Beacon Players Celebrates the Arts and Brittany Hunt is going to make a one for The Wiz.
Production night of The Wiz will show advertisements for the upcoming production in the spring.
We need to begin to form committees to assist the officers with various administrative items such as publicity.

Brittany Hunt (secretary)


October 9, 2012

Tuesday October 2, 2012 Attendance: Mr. Scarrone, Mr. Devine,Victoria Vogrincic, Rebecca Cohen, Brittany Hunt, and Heather Murphey New Business- Spirit of Beacon Day was a success! There is now about $2500 in our account. Shirts- Polos for Beacon Players for about $15 for events. Tshirts for The Wiz for production week. B. Hunt moved to vote: Ticket Prices (The Wiz and the spring production) V. Vogrincic seconded All those in favor- Unanimous Vote in favor all those opposed- zero Votes all those abstaining- zero Motion Carried Unanimously Advertisement- Vista Print, www.halfpricebanners.com Beacon Players Celebrate the Arts- formally present to the Board of Education, ask local restaurants and art galleries to participate. No forks or knives. Contact the Dutchess County Arts Council to use the community calander. The Wiz- Send teahcers a letter about the show with a free ticket, and personally and formally invite the Board of Education. Go to elementary schools in Beacon in costumes pertaining to The Wiz to promote the show and get the younger audience interested. Talk to art teachers in the elementary schools to start a drawing contest of the Wizard of Oz to use in the program nad advertisement. Children that win recieve free tickets, a t-shirt, and priority seating. V.Vogrincic is going to write up the proposal. R. Cohen will be contacting newspaper companies such as the Poughkeepsie Journal to write up an ad, radio stations to visit, and community calanders for The Wiz. Parent Meeting- Wednesday, October 11, 2012 to talk about help for the showcase and the production such as concession and standing at the doors. These minutes respect fully submitted by Brittany Hunt, Secretary

Brittany Hunt (secretary)


October 1, 2012

Monday, September 24, 2012 Attendance Mr. Scarrone Mr. Devine Victoria Rebecca Brittany Heather Mrs. Pearson New Business- Beacon Players Celebrates the Arts A fundraiser to help raise awareness of our “new” organization and a publicity event to get the word out about our Fall Show. - Galleries, Restaurants, Antique Shops, Music, Performers - Students will be cast and will act/sing alongside professional performers - $5 suggested donation - Pumpkins, posters, and fall decor - Contact local florists such as Batts Florist, Fishkill Farms, Lawrence Farms, Sabilicos - Fiberoptic curtain - Formal occasion Vote to present “Beacon Players Celebrates the Arts” B. Hunt moved to vote, R. Cohen Seconded All those in favor – Unanimous Vote in Favor All those opposed – Zero Votes All those abstaining – Zero Votes Motion Carried Unanimously Spirit of Beacon Day- September 30, 2012 - Get the word out about Beacon Celebrates the Arts - Set up at 10:15 - 10 ft. space - Banners and balloons Presentation of the Fall Show - THE WIZ (an adaptation of The Wizard of Oz by Frank Baum) - Comical, lots of songs and dances, diverse cast These minutes respect fully submitted by Brittany Hunt, Secretary

Brittany Hunt (secretary)


October 1, 2012

Please keep checking the calendar for the weekly schedule.

Brittany Hunt (secretary)


Theater Links
Playbill Online
Broadway.com
Tony Awards
The Beacon Theatre

Sponsor a Seat
Help support The Beacon Players by sponsoring a seat in the Beacon High School Theater!

Our Mission
The Beacon High School Drama and Theater Arts organization, Beacon Players, brings together students who share a passion for theater and performing arts. The organization promotes theater education, in the performing venue as well as technical theater. Theater education is fostered through major performances, conferences, trips, and student-directed productions that enhance the educational goals of the theater discipline's courses and productions. Membership is open to all Beacon High School students who share the club's goal of promoting awareness of theater and performing arts on campus and throughout the community.

VIP Membership
vip star Become a VIP Member
Current VIP Members

Playbill RSS Feeds